Cyber Tech Career College provides scholarship opportunities for eligible students based on need, academics, extra-curricular activities, community service, school involvement, athletics, leadership responsibilities as well as outlooks on nation building. Non-Bahamian students can also apply for a scholarship. Applications will be assessed on a case by case basis.
Scholarship awards are not automatic, nor does it cover the entire cost of your tuition and associated fees. Students will be required to make up the difference in cost or seek additional source of funding.
Deadline for submission of the Scholarship Application is the last Wednesday of July each year.
All Applicants Are Required to Submit the Following Documents:
- The completed Scholarship Application Form.
- Applicant must be a registered student of Cyber Tech Career College beforethe Scholarship Application is submitted, along with an acceptance letter from the College.
- Copy of the information page of a valid Bahamian Passport or Voters card.
- One passport size photo attached to this application.
- Current GPA and most recent High School report.
- Two Character References from non-family members
- Copy of High School Transcript (Must be sent directly from High School).
- Copies of Academic Qualifications – High School Diploma/GED, Certificates (BJC, BGCSE, SAT, ACT, CXC’s AP, College Prep, Diplomas, Degrees).
- Copies of extra-curricular awards and certificates.
- Evidence of community service (awards, proof acknowledging participation).
- Type a 250-word essay on one of the following topics; (attach separately)
PURPOSE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
PURPOSE: The scholarship is intended to encourage students who demonstrate academic, athletic and leadership excellence to pursue quality tertiary education in The Bahamas.
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants for a scholarship must be enrolled as a full-time student at Cyber Tech Career College.
SELECTION CRITERIA: The process considers the following criteria; Your GPA in high school, Extra Curricula Activities and your Application Essay.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
- Cyber Tech Career College Scholarship Committee has sole discretion in awarding scholarships and reserves the right not to award a scholarship or to withdraw a scholarship, in whole or in part, for non-compliance with the terms of the award.
- The scholarship recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student for the entire length of the programme and must register for twelve credits for each semester. Recipient must pass each course registered for, at the first attempt and complete the programme within the original time frame stated in the offer letter as the scholarship does not cover extensions or deferment (unless in extenuating circumstances – then specific prior approval must be obtained).
- Scholarships are awarded in the form of a tuition fee waiver only. This excludes any other charges such as registration fee, ancillary items required as part of your studies including, but not limited to books and graduation ceremony.
- The value of the scholarship granted for all programmes will be deducted against the full tuition fees payable on a semester by semester basis.
- The scholarship cannot be offered in conjunction with any other discounts or scholarship provided by Cyber Tech Career College.
- The scholarship is only awarded for study at Cyber Tech Career College and is not transferable to any other Institutions.
- The scholarship is not transferable to another programme of study and is neither transferable nor exchangeable for cash or other alternatives.
- The scholarship recipient shall not be holding (concurrently) any other full or partial scholarship from external parties (unless in extenuating circumstances – then specific prior approval must be obtained).
- The scholarship recipient shall be a student ambassador and promote the good name of Cyber Tech Career College. In addition, the recipient is required to comply with all the College’s terms and conditions of admittance, all regulations and policies from time to time in force.
- Scholarship recipients who are found guilty of academic or disciplinary misconduct will have their scholarships terminated.
- Cyber Tech Career College reserves the right to involve scholarship recipients in interviews, advertisement, photography or other publicity activities for the purpose of promoting the College.
- In the event that a scholarship recipient decides to discontinue studies (without completion of the programme), the scholarship will be forfeited, and the recipient is required to reimburse the amount awarded during the completed period of studies. (Transcripts will be withheld until the amount is paid).
- Cyber Tech Career College reserves the right to terminate the scholarship offered to students. In such circumstances, the full tuition fees will be payable by the student, from the date of termination and for the remainder of the programme.
- Cyber Tech Career College reserves the right to make any amendment to the terms and conditions and inform the recipients accordingly either in advance or later.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview by the Scholarship Committee. Cyber Tech Career College reserves the right to refuse any application without disclosing the reasons for such refusal.
- Successful applicants will receive written official notification of the scholarship offer within two weeks after the end of the scholarship selection process.
- The decision of Cyber Tech Career College Scholarship selection committee is final.